Here is a summary of the medical requirements for cats staying at the Feline Hotel:
- Owners promise that all cats will arrive clean and free of transmissible illness or parasites with front nails lightly trimmed.
- Proof of current rabies and distemper (FVRCP) vaccines within the last 3 years
- Clean test results for FIV, Feline Leukemia, and stool parasites within the last 3 years
- For older cats, proof of 3 past rabies/distemper vaccine sets can be provided instead of current vaccines
- Cats with outdoor access need to show proof of a recent dewormer and given flea/tick treatment before arrival (Revolution covers all 3 and is recommended)
- Cats must be free of fleas, ear mites, and other external/internal parasites.
- Cats with diarrhea or eye/nose discharge need proof of recent vet exam and note stating it is not contagious.
- Failure to provide records may result in emergency vet exam at owner’s expense, at-home pet sitting, or refusal to board.
- If cat has history of medical issues, provide explanatory vet records.
- Recommended but not required: Bordetella & Feline Leukemia Vaccines
- Upload pictures of vet records via online account or email email@example.com before arrival
For a list of local veterinarians click here. There are also some limited hours walk in vet clinics search google for VetCo (inside Petco) or VetIQ (inside Meijer) or PetVet (inside Tractor Supply)